J&SC Quality Branded Foods Ltd (J&SC) is committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
We are J&SC Quality Branded Foods Ltd, a UK based company who organise the distribution of food throughout the UK and Mainland Europe.
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name and your contact details.
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters.
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your identity such as passport details, birth and marriage certificates and driving licences. This information may be collected for the purposes of insurance or booking travel. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed. Once the process is complete the information will either be returned to you or destroyed.
- Information you may provide us about other people e.g. emergency contact.
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- Phone conversations with us
- Emails or letters you send to us
- Meetings with us
- We may also collect personal information on you from places such as websites e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- You have given us your permission to send you information about our activities.
- It’s necessary to make a payment or send an invoice to you.
- To provide suitable insurance cover.
- To contact you regarding services we provide for you.
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with services.
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for’.
These third parties include:
- Insurance companies
- Airline, train or Ferry booking Agents
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where your information is processed
All of your information is processed in the UK or EEA.
Where your information is being processed outside of the EEA, we take additional steps to ensure that your information is protected to at least an equivalent level as would be applied by UK / EEA data privacy laws e.g. we will put in place legal agreements with any third-party organisations to ensure they meet these obligations.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information that is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. The directors and employees at J&SC also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how J&SC uses your information. They are:
- Right to be informed
You have a right to receive clear and easy to understand information on what personal information we have, why and whom we share it with.
- Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
- Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
- Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for J&SC to continue to have it.
- Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
- Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another computer or IT system.
- Right to object
You can object to J&SC processing your personal information where it is based on our legitimate interests or if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
How to contact us
FAO Data Protection Officer
J&SC Quality Branded Foods Ltd
16, Market Place
Telephone: +44 (0) 1953 602095